Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Automatically activate buttons in default settings » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 3573

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 02/02/2012 07:22:55

The character of this post lies somewhere in between a feature request and feedback on the latest beta, but I am posting here as I think it will be relevant when AWM 7.0 is published.

I wanted to test the behaviour of the Put into button when installing AWM 7.0 on a system that does not have a desktop divider yet (i.e. version 6.7.2). I installed version 6.7.2 fresh in a (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) virtual machine and then on top of that AWM 7.0 beta 2. I noticed that the Put into button is not selected yet in the default window settings. It is available, but the checkbox is not selected. I think it would be better to switch this button on by default in the default settings, so that if one activates the desktop divider after an upgrade, one automatically gets the Put into button. Otherwise I think users will first have to spend time discovering this button, while they could spend it better for learning how to use the desktop divider. Switching the button on by default also makes sense because it will only be displayed if the desktop divider is active.

IMO: the same goes for the Move to virtual desktop and Move to monitor buttons. They too seem to be unselected by default. However, I am not 100% certain about the Move to monitor button, as my virtual machine only has 1 monitor.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/03/2012 01:18:00

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics