Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Prevent Focus Stealing » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2774

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 03/13/2013 10:29:55

Prevent an application from stealing focus.

Example:
Unity (Simple Signal) software IM and phone call control.  When I'm typing in an IM window, or any other window and a call comes in, that Unity window pops up and steals the focus even though I have it set to force minimize.  I have to click back into the IM window to continue typing.  This has been a problem with Windows for years and it royally pisses me off all the time.

Is there any way to create an option to prevent focus stealing and keep the active window as the focused window?

Thanks!
Chris

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 03/13/2013 11:43:43

Oh yes! +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1! (this is how passionate I am about this option!) Chris, I TOTALLY understand how you feel!

I have a program that pops up every hour with affirmations. That is great because that is what I bought the program for. But when I am typing in another program my text is suddenly not entered anymore, because the other program is starting to display its window and stole focus. The same also happens if I am a new Outlook reminder is shown. What I would like to have (if possible) is that the (new) window is on top, but does not have focus, so that my typing does not get lost.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 03/15/2013 04:46:09

Good golly, I would love this feature, too. I haaaaaate applications that steal focus. It always happens when I'm typing something, and sometimes, what I type happens to activate/cancel/etc. some thing that was happening, like a file manager operation or an installer.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/20/2013 04:27:36

Hello Gentlemen

Your requests has been taken into account.

We'll consider them.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register