Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Specific Settings and Exclusions per Default Profile » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2782

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 03/11/2013 22:38:57

When I am in front of my PC, I use all 5 monitors and require programs to open on specific monitors.  However, when I am remote, I have a secondary profile that disables all but the primary monitor.  At that time, I would like to be able to specify different settings because I still want to control how and where windows open on that screen (maybe depending on resolution, or possibly for viewability reasons).

If we had a way to assign specific settings then I could control how programs opened depending on the setup.  Maybe I want to use one of the monitors to stream Netflix on that normally I have a specific set of programs openeing to.  Now I need those opening on another monitor.  Again, if I can set settings/exclusions per Default Profile, then I can set those conditionally.

In my case, while sim racing, 3 of my monitors are used in 2D surround and I use Ignore Deactivation to access the other 2 monitors.  When doing that, some programs (IE9, Task Manager, Explorer, etc) open under the game on the primary window.  I can move windows, but would be much easier if I could force everything to automatically open on one of the other monitors.  Again, I could define this by assigning a specific Default Profile under Multiple Monitors and assigning profile specific settings, etc that define how programs open/react under those conditions.

Is there already a way to do this?

Seems it would work if you made all other products/modules a subset of Multiple Monitors as the base.  Since the foundation of everything we do is defined by Multiple Monitors.  Then, default settings, windows settings, exclusions, hotkeys, mouse, dividers, virtual desktops, could all be set as conditions of how the current monitor layout is displayed via the selected profile.

Thanks!

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 03/20/2013 14:41:51

Bump.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/20/2013 20:49:53

Hello Chris

Unfortunately, for now there is no way to do it.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register