Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop divider "forced" movement/maximization » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2565

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 02/16/2013 19:57:11

It'd be great to see implemented:

1.) Ability to "force" a window's movement into a divider panel by "maximization".

Currently, when a window is floating above a certain divider panel, if you use the keyboard shortcut to try and shift it into that panel, the window doesn't respond or do anything. AWM sees it as "Oh, the window is already in the area of that panel, so no need to move it."

I often have a few windows that I want to quickly sort into the separate divider panels on a monitor. But sometimes the divider movement shortcuts don't work, when a window is already hovering -above- a panel. So I have to use the movement shortcuts to send the window to a different panel, so that I can then move it back into the panel I want.

This could be solved by setting an "if" check, where if a window is already floating above the boundaries of a divider and a user then presses the keyboard shortcut for the direction of where that panel is -- AWM checks to see if the window's already within that panel's boundaries, and if it is, then AWM "maximizes" that window to that desired panel.

Sort of like the native Windows functionality with WinKey-Up/Down. If a non-maximized window is floating on the screen and you press WinKey-Up, Windows maximizes the window to the monitor. If you press Win-Up again, nothing happens. If you press Win-Down, Windows unmaximizies it back to its size and position. If you then press Win-Down again, Windows minimizes it.

It would be great if we could get this functionality in AWM! I -love- the feature of desktop dividers. It's absolutely ingenious! This additional shortcut would make it even better!

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/17/2013 03:39:46

Hello Steven

Are you talking about the Desktop Divider's up, down etc hotkeys?

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 02/18/2013 12:51:58

Yes, correct. Sometimes they do not move a window in the direction I press. I instead have to move it a different direction instead, and then I can move it to the original direction I wanted.

I believe this is happening when the window I want to move is already floating above the panel I'm trying to move it into, so AWM decides it doesn't need to move the window.

This could be fixed by having a rule where if a window is already floating above a panel that the the divider's shortcut key is attempting to move, then the window should be fitted (maximized) into that certain panel.

Thank you.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/24/2013 23:34:14

Hello Steve

We'll try to improve it.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list