Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Move all windows to monitor » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2838

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 12/01/2012 18:29:06

An annoying issue I've been dealing with for a long time is with using multiple monitors hooked up to my computer -- when turning one or two of them off (or on), all the open windows of my computer will jump to whatever new primary monitor has been set.

The problem, is that I have a receiver hooked up to my computer by HDMI which the computer sees as a "monitor". So sometimes when I turn off a monitor, all the windows will jump to that receiver's "monitor", which basically leaves the windows unviewable in no man's land.

The way I currently get them back is alt-tabbing to one, and then using the AWM shortcut to "move to next monitor", having to bring each window to the current monitor I'm on.

It would be FANTASTIC if there was an AWM shortcut that could move ALL windows at once to a certain monitor. I know that AWM can currently move a window to a certain monitor, but you have to be able to see the window to click on the title bar/buttons. It would be great if we could assign a keyboard shortcut (or right-click menu option on AWM taskbar icon) to jump all windows to a specific monitor.

Thanks!

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/02/2012 22:34:16

Steve,

Did you try the Gather all windows here or Get here all windows from taskbar context menu commands?

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 12/04/2012 21:14:55

Ah, I didn't know about that ability -- awesome! Thanks!

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register