Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Shift title buttons vertically » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4102

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 04/02/2012 10:04:18

Occasionally AWM's title buttons do not display nicely next to Window's own buttons. Under Title Buttons > Options there is an option to shift the buttons horizontally. However, sometimes I have a program (e.g. Revo Uninstaller Pro) where I would like to shift them vertically, because they are not displayed on the same horizontal level as Window's buttons. My request is thus for an option to shift these buttons vertically, next to the already existing horizontal shift.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/06/2012 00:09:23

Hello, Pim.

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/29/2014 20:35:05

Hello Pim,

The feature has been implemented in the current 8.2 beta 1 version of Actual Window Manager (download link - http://actualtools.com/files/aim82b1.exe ).

Best regards.

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 04/30/2014 02:34:14

This is a nice addition  :D , we now have the ability to fine tune the positioning of the title bar buttons and this seems to work just fine in most software. However unlike Pim I cannot get the buttons to display at all in Revo Uninstaller Pro v 3.0.8 and FileLocator Pro v2.  Using AWM 8.2 beta 1 Windows 8 64 bit.

I may be the only person to have noticed this, or to maybe even be bothered about it. But as a CAD user I have always used the standard way of specifying coordinates on the x, y, z planes.  On the X plane (Horizontal) a minus figure would shift the buttons to the left a positive would shift to the right. Again on the Y plane (Vertical) a minus figure would shift the button down and a positive figure would shift them up. On AWM 8.2 beta 1, this system has been reversed.

Best Regards

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 05/01/2014 18:56:19

Hello Vasiliy,

Thanks for adding this option. I have however not been able to test it yet. As I wrote in the thread about compact mode for title buttons with Firefox I quickly reverted back to version 8.1.4, because I use the combination of Firefox and title buttons very frequently, and losing speed with that was too cumbersome for me. As soon as beta 2 is released I will look into the newly added vertical title button shift and let you know about my experiences.

I do appreciate that you implemented this suggestion!

Best regards.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 05/30/2014 17:53:05

Gentlemen, thank you for your replies!

Dear Gerard,

could you please specify which software I sould use and what steps I should take to reproduce the problem you mentioned?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register