Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Virtual Desktops: More ways to switch » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3690

Eric Gooch

Posted: 01/21/2012 16:18:17

I posted another thread over on the tech support forum about how my Virtual Desktop Switcher window is not showing up, but even if it was, I'm not sure I would want to use it.
I work with my apps always maximized (for the most part) and don't like the idea of devoting screen space to a switcher window like that, and wouldn't want it on top of my other windows either.

Could there be a way to put an icon or something in the task tray that would let you switch desktops?
(I realize it can also be done fr om the dropdown commands menu button on each window, but would like a single-click solution.)

Perhaps an icon with a number on it for each desktop?

In addition, is there any way that a user could create a desktop shortcut that would switch to another desktop?
I ask this because I use a launcher toolbar on my desktop wh ere you can drag shortcuts to run things...it would be great to switch to another desktop using that method too.

Thanks

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 01/22/2012 04:16:10

This objection to the current Desktop switcher shows up regularly in this forum, e.g. here. I hope that after implementing the Desktop divider (currently in beta), this will be one of the next projects Actual Tools will pick-up.

With respect tot your other question (shortcut): I don't know the answer to that. I do not think there is a shortcut, but am not 100% certain.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/24/2012 03:20:16

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for the post.

I posted another thread over on the tech support forum about how my Virtual Desktop Switcher window is not showing up, but even if it was, I'm not sure I would want to use it.
I work with my apps always maximized (for the most part) and don't like the idea of devoting screen space to a switcher window like that, and wouldn't want it on top of my other windows either.

Could there be a way to put an icon or something in the task tray that would let you switch desktops?
(I realize it can also be done fr om the dropdown commands menu button on each window, but would like a single-click solution.)
- I've added this suggestion to our list of feature requests.

In addition, is there any way that a user could create a desktop shortcut that would switch to another desktop?
- No, there is no way to get it.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register