Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Add OS X like expose functionality » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 7122

Peter Thorpe

Posted: 08/04/2011 16:27:25

One of the features I like in OS X that I feel is missing in Windows is Expose. Please consider implementing it in actual window manager. An example program that currently does this is http://insentient.net/ I would expect your version would integrate nicely with virtual desktops so you could have them as well as programs in an expose like view.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/05/2011 03:45:02

Yes, I absolutely second this suggestion. I have downloaded and tried Switcher just because of this post and I can already see how it can speed up working on my PC and make life just a little bit easier  ;)  Unfortunately Switcher does not work well with AWM's virtual desktops (both classic and independent), but I agree with Peter Thorpe that I suppose it could integrate nicely with it.

Peter Thorpe

Posted: 08/05/2011 08:40:30

@Pim Integrating virtual desktops is the reason I am asking for AWM to implement their own version as it would work even better. I would probably stick it on my middle mouse button or similar and use it a lot.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2011 02:53:10

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/16/2012 04:32:57

oh yes, what a wonderful thing!

Please consider!

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/20/2012 17:06:30

I tried switcher, but it's aero only. I can't use Aero, because of iDisplay and MaxiVista.

So I found: http://smallwindows.sourceforge.net/

BUT, this is not quite what I want. I uses the whole desktop area, to display a miniatured/reorderd version of windows of the whole desktop... hmmm...

I'd like a small popup window, like the "put into..."-tile-dialog, with miniatures of the whole desktop. So I see in ONE small area an overview of my whole desktop, without moving my head left to right searching for a window...

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 12/12/2012 17:13:13

I've also recently found Switcher, and I LOVE it! It works so much better than Logitech's similar f unction (activated with a customizable button I set on my mouse).

However, like mentioned above, Switcher clashes with virtual desktops. If I switch to another virtual desktop and then try to use Switcher, it doesn't show any of the windows' contents (only icons), and sometimes it won't let me click into them. Other times, a window will stay on top and not move anywhere, and not falling back into the Switcher grid of all windows.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register