Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Control gadget placement (which screen and preferably position) » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3772

Michael Medin

Posted: 07/13/2011 13:40:23

Whenever I un-plug/plug my screen all gadgets gets somehow moved to the wrong desktop and I would really like some way to control their placement much like I can do with applications.

// Michael Medin

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/13/2011 23:09:14

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the message.

Could you check whether gadgets move with "Keep layout automatically" and "Resize along with desktop" options turned off or not (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Windows Layout)?

Also, you could try to create Specific settings for these gadgets with the "Restrict placement" option turned on and setted to restrict these gadgets in the screen that you un-plug/plug (Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific settings -> Position).

Please, inform me about your results.

Best regards.

Michael Medin

Posted: 07/14/2011 11:09:01

Disabling both resulted in the same thing.
All my gadgets end up on the "same monitor".

To be a bit more detailed. I have my gadgets on the secondary windows monitor (the lap-top built-in monitor). Then I disconnect the screen hibernates the computer and move fr om work/home to work/home wh ere I connect a another "primary" (extra) monitor and starts the computer up.

When I do this all gadgets move to the new "primary monitor" (external)

Also it seems impossible to control gadget placement/position with normal AWM functions...

// Michael Medin

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/15/2011 00:31:26

Hello Michael,

Does the "Restrict placement" option not solve the problem?

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

What gadgets do you use?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register