Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Control tray icon order and which tray icons are hidden » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4238

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 03/25/2011 16:32:03

I'm running XP SP3 and using two monitors. The primary is a 28-inch wide screen running at 1920 x 1200, and the secondary is an old-format 19-inch running at 1280 x 1024. I have AWM set up so that both monitors have a taskbar, and the taskbar on the secondary is not mirrored. Both taskbars are at the top of the screen, and both have a Start button and a tray.

The taskbar on the primary is adjusted to twice the standard height, while the taskbar on the secondary is left at normal height. Therefore, the tray in the primary's taskbar holds two rows of icons, while the tray on the secondary holds only one row. Both taskbars are set to autohide.

I run PS Tray Factory to control which icons are displayed in the trays and which ones are hidden and to control the order of the icons in the tray.

The icons in the tray of the primary monitor are arranged in the order I've set up in PS Tray Factory, and that program automatically maintains the order of the icons as they are added or removed. PS Tray Factory has no affect at all on the tray on the secondary monitor. I wish it did, but since it's not aware of the dual-monitor setup, it wouldn't be able to set two different arrangements anyway. I need two different arrangements because of the difference in height between the two taskbars.

The ideal solution would be to add functionality equivalent to PS Tray Factory in AWM and enhance it to enable the icon display and order functions separately for each monitor. Is this possible?

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/28/2011 00:37:15

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0