Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 7.2 Minor glitch with desktop dividers , Edge case which doesn't behave as expected » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4222

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 10/18/2012 06:27:33

I really like desktop dividers, and have it set to show dividers by default, with holding the CTRL key to temporarily disable them if needed. However, I've found a combination which doesn't quite work as expected:

1. Drag a window  (dividers are shown by default)
2. Hold CTRL (dividers disappear)
3. Move window to where a divider would have been
4. Release CTRL (still no dividers, as they are only shown on drag events)
5. Release mouse button - window is snapped to invisible divider

My suggestion would be that dividers should be redrawn immediately on releasing CTRL, not waiting for a drag event, so that it's clear that the next mouseup event will snap the window to a divider.

Cheers,

David.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/19/2012 03:08:55

Hello David.

I was unable to reproduce the issue. Both snapping and putting into divider tile only works when tile borders and preview show up.

Are you talking about the snapping to divider tile or putting into divider tile?

What OS are you running (version, 32 or 64-bit)?

Send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool.

Best regards.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 10/19/2012 03:53:36

Sorry - maybe I wasn't very clear. I was talking about snapping to the red borders which are shown when dragging a window . I've managed to capture a short mp4 of me doing the above so you can see the effect - at least, you could if I could attach it... I didn't realise you can only attach static images! I'll email it with the config files instead. The window is dragged with the dividers visible, then I hold CTRL, move the mouse over where one of the red borders was, then release CTRL then release the mouse button. As you can see, the window snaps to the top left tile.

I'm running Win XP SP3 32 bit and AWM 7.2.

Thanks,

David.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/21/2012 03:47:49

Hello David.

The problem has been confirmed on Windows XP.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/29/2012 22:52:26

Hello David.

I'd like to inform you that the subject issue has been fixed. The fix is available in the Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors new beta versions - 7.3 beta 2 and 4.3 beta 2.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register