Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login

Topic: «Primary monitor is incorrectly assigned , Window is moved to monitor 1 instead » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 180

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 08/19/2024 20:39:39

Hello ActualTools support,

I need one of my programs to always be moved to the primary monitor.

However, this doesn't seem to work. The window is moved to monitor 1 instead.

Please see attached screenshot showing that monitor 3 is the primary monitor and that according to the "Specific Setting" in Actual Window Manager, the monitor should be moved to the primary monitor.

Please let me know how to proceed in order to fix this.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/21/2024 01:57:26

Hello, David

It seems like the problem is not with PDF-XChange, but with the action "Move to monitor > Primary" itself and it just doesn't move a window anywhere. Could you try to create such rule for another application and see whether it works?

Also, "Move to monitor > Exactly specified" works, could you try this with PDF-XChange?

If the problem with "Move to monitor > Primary" persists for all applications could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic to the email.

Also please specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 09/18/2024 16:46:10

Hello Bogdan and thanks for your reply.

I have now tried different settings, also with WordPad which I have set up as a test. "Move to monitor" with the primary monitor as target does not work with both programs. Only if I specify a certain monitor number, or the "monitor having mouse pointer", it works with both programs

I'm sending you my configuration files.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 1, in total hidden: 0
David P

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login