Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login

Topic: «What prevents Win+/ From Working ? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 485

Jess Hu

Posted: 07/28/2024 12:55:23

I understand (I think) that if programs use certain Window styles, some ability to move them between monitors with AMM or into screen areas with DD are limited.  At least, that's my experience.  But, what would limit a program in this way depending on which other program launched it?  Note that I have set the setting to move launched programs to the monitor with the currently active mouse pointer, which may or may not be relevant.

Here's my scenario;

I use MPC-HC to play media files.  Open Windows Explorer on Monitor 2 and launch an MP4 file with it.  MPC-HC opens on Monitor 2 (and as far as I can tell opens directly there, and doesn't jump between the monitors).

Now, I have a program called UltraSearch from JAM Software that lets me search for files on my hard drive.  If I open that program, it displays a UAC dialog on Monitor 1 (seems to always do this even if I Run As Administrator), from which I can use the keyboard to sel ect Yes, leaving the mouse on Monitor 2 and the program will open on Monitor 2.  Now if I launch that same MP4 file fr om UltraSearch, it opens MPC-HC on Monitor 1 and the Win+/ cannot be used to move it to monitor 2.  I can drag it to monitor 2.  It also will not respond to Desktop Divider alignment.

Any idea what the UltraSearch Dev is doing with the program launch that is defeating AMM and DD that I could maybe ask them to undo?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/30/2024 04:27:46

Hello, Jess

Thank you for contacting us.

It seems like UltraSearch and applications you start from within it have elevated rights (since the UAC dialogue appears upon start) and they are not affected by our software at all. This is probably because the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option wasn't enabled during the installation of Actual Multiple Monitors. Try to reinstall the program and enable the option during installation. You can install it right over the already installed version - your other settings won't be changed.

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login