Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login

Topic: «Program windows are not respecting taskbar height , ...of the Actual Window Manager taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 263

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 08/28/2024 23:01:05

Hello forum and Actualtools support.

I am currently trying out the Actual Window Manager taskbars that replace the native Windows 11 taskbars.

I really like the Actual Window Manager taskbars. However, none of my programs respect the taskbar height. It seems that the Actual Window Manager taskbars are in front of the programs, covering the bottom most part of every program window.

Am I doing something wrong?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2024 16:18:55

Hello, David

Thank you for contacting us.

Is the option "On top" enabled in the context menu of the taskbar?

If it's enabled and the problem still persists then could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 08/29/2024 19:36:53

Hello Bogdan, thank you for your reply.

I believe the original problem is solved. The reason for this problem seems to have been that the Windows taskbar for some reason was set to auto-hide, which made the program windows not respect the taskbar height.

Yes, the option "on top" is enabled, but something is still not right:

Of my three monitors, the leftmost and the middle monitor have a start button, but not the right monitor (with the Actual Window Manager taskbars enabled).

I'd like to have a start button only on the middle monitor. What's more, as soon as I click on one of the two start buttons, the original Windows taskbar appears on top of the respective Actual Window Manager taskbar and stays there.

I have sent the configuration files via separate mail.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/31/2024 02:28:58

Of my three monitors, the leftmost and the middle monitor have a start button, but not the right monitor (with the Actual Window Manager taskbars enabled).
I'd like to have a start button only on the middle monitor.
You can enable or disable start buttons in our software taskbars via taskbar context menu > Taskbar Parts > Start Button.

What's more, as soon as I click on one of the two start buttons, the original Windows taskbar appears on top of the respective Actual Window Manager taskbar and stays there.
Do you mean the problem is that start menu overlaps the taskbars? Does the problem still persist if you restart Actual Window Manager while the monitors stay connected?

Could you also send us a screenshot of your monitors layout either from AWM configuration module (Multiple Monitors > Monitors Layout and Settings) or from the standard Windows display settings?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login