Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login

Topic: «World of Warcraft not respecting monitor boundaries » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 465

ForYouOnly

Posted: 07/24/2024 22:32:05

Running Win10, on the latest release of AMM 8.15.1
World of Warcraft got an update this week and ever since, the game window (fullscreen borderless) will expand just slightly bigger than the actual monitor it's meant to fit (1080p), overlapping by ~10 pixels onto the neighboring monitor, and similarly disappearing offscreen downwards by an unknown amount of pixels. The whole game window becomes noticably blurry and distorted as a result.

I can temporarily fix the issue by changing the game's resolution back and forth, and it will 'snap' back to its intended size.
I can also use an AMM hothey to forcibly move the window to the nearest desktop divider and this will also snap the window to a correct size.
The problem is exclusively when launching WoW, and will return whenever I close and launch WoW again. No fix is permanent.

Simply adding an exclusion for WoW.exe doesn't fix the issue, it will still launch without respecting monitor boundaries.
I have to disable AMM entirely, or disable  Default Settings under "Window Settings" in AMM (unchecking the checkbox). Then everything works as expected.

I've tried to isolate the problem to a specific AMM setting but I can't find anything, beyond globally disabling settings.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/29/2024 22:25:10

Hello, ForYouOnly

Thank you for contacting us.

I was unable to reproduce the problem but the version of the game in my case is 11.0.0.55824. Does the problem happen for you with this version too?

By "fullscreen borderless" do you mean the mode "Fullscreen (Windowed)"? I can see only two modes: Windowed and Fullscreen (Windowed).

Could you send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login