Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login

Topic: «Issue with Managing Blender Windows in Actual Window Manager » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1162

Anh Hoang Viet

Posted: 06/15/2024 12:22:28

Dear Technical Support Team,

I am using the Actual Window Manager software and encountering difficulties in managing Blender application windows on virtual desktops. I have configured Actual Window Manager so that the Blender application should only display on a specifically designated virtual desktop. However, when a subsidiary window (such as Preferences) within Blender is opened, the main window of Blender begins appearing across all virtual desktops, not adhering to the configuration I have set.

I have attempted to adjust related settings but have not been successful in resolving the issue. Could you provide guidance on how to rectify this, or offer an update if this is a known issue?

System Information:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version: 22H2
   Actual Window Manager Version: 8.15.1
   Blender Version: 4.1

I look forward to your response. Thank you for your assistance.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/16/2024 01:02:10

Hello, Anh Hoang Viet

Thank you for contacting us.

I was able to confirm this problem. We'll try to fix it and post here when it's fixed.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any good workaround for this problem - creating exclusions or changing particular settings doesn't seem to help.

Although there is a simple way to return the main window to a particular virtual desktop after this problem happens - you need to apply the "Move to virtual desktop" action again to the main window. You can do this either by creating separate title button "Move to virtual desktop > particular desktop" in specific settings for the main window and using the button. Or by creating a hotkey with the same action. But please note that it's better to use it after you close the subsidary window, as while it's open hovering the mouse pointer over the main window may cause the problem again.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards.

Anh Hoang Viet

Posted: 06/17/2024 11:40:48

Thank you for your prompt response and for suggesting a workaround to the issue I am experiencing with managing Blender application windows on virtual desktops using Actual Window Manager.

However, I must express that the suggested manual workaround does not effectively resolve the core issue. As a user who relies on Actual Window Manager, I often work with multiple applications and tasks simultaneously. The primary advantage of using your software is its ability to streamline the management and transition between various applications. Unfortunately, having to manually reassign the main Blender window to its designated virtual desktop each time it misbehaves significantly slows down my workflow. Interestingly, the subsidiary windows in Blender are managed correctly by Actual Window Manager, whereas the main window is not.

Currently, I have switched to using 3Ds Max instead of Blender, and I'm pleased to report that Actual Window Manager performs flawlessly with 3Ds Max and all other applications I use, with the sole exception of Blender. Given that Blender is an open-source software, I am hopeful that a more permanent solution will be developed soon to address this anomaly.

I appreciate your continued support and look forward to any updates you might have on this matter.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login