New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Compatibility with Windowblinds » on forum: General   Views: 8270

Posted: 01/28/2006 03:37:29

Is your window manager tool incompatible with WindowBlinds? If so, is the incompatibility functional or aesthetic? (I tested your product a while back, and you mentioned that you intended to get aesthetic compatibility with WB,if memory serves. This would seem quite a feat.

Stephen R. Diamond  ;)  

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 01/31/2006 07:36:20

There exist some problems when using AWM and WB together, but most of them relate to title buttons rendering (in some themes AWM's additional buttons are totally invisible) and other functions seem to work fine. Please, read the related topics on our forum, especially posts from Tobiel Sayre a.k.a. TAXIFUNK, he has a significant experience in using WB and AWM together.

We try to fix any incompatibilities in near future releases (possibly, in coming soon 4.0 update).

Tobiel Sayre

home user/amateur skinner

Posted: 02/02/2006 06:11:48

User added an image

(Done without any reskinning, simply applied a very old Windowblinds skin Wizard of Oz by Internetbabs, sized the window of the new program Smileypad 1.27 with mouse adjusting, it allows for that. Then after size had space for 11 more buttons I wanted, I turned on AWM (it does not matter for this whether u use 3.8 or the newer alfa test versions, works in all of them. In my window rule, though, I shifted buttons to ALSO allow for them not to clash with 3 OTHER buttons not from the skin or program either. The red shoe is just that Wb skins way of displaying the normal minimizing button. Print button only shows while I have german hardcopy resident for making screenshots, the blue ones are AWM of course, and u see 2 other ones from another program in the middle.

People keep asking whether they should reskin with DirectSkin or Skinstudio to get WB compatible with AWM.
Its unneccessary. They already are compatible. Of course some skins have paramaters set to change positions of buttons OTHER programs add to some weird places, then only THAT and the fact that some of WINDOWS XPs buttons ARE REMOVED ON PURPOSE in SOME wb skins make it look like something didnt work.

But no matter how much MORE compatible AWM gets, ITS BUTTONS are AWM, not WB buttons!!!

With Skinstudio etc. you could only make some things INSTEAD so as to REPLACE the necessity for SOME awm buttons. And vice versa, who cares if certain WB skins dont have all buttons unless you make them if AWinManager or ActualTitleButtons ALREADY DOES THAT for most windows?

Answer: U want both because neither WB nor both windowmanagers I use here AT ONCE always treat ALL windows at all.

This is often caused by the OS, you folks, the operating system. (In example, DOS window problem, Microsoft limits in general).

Have a nice day without too much skinning just for this!  :D  :D This window already has SEVERAL BUTTONS for minimizing and these things. Feel free to add more of them with Skinstudio. But u cant REMOVE all of em with skinstudio, because skinstudio is not what they were all MADE with. If you insist, you can make some of them LESS visible with skinstudio or REMOVE them in the window rule they came from.

SATYROBE/TAXIFUNK/Tobiel Sayre registered user; non-staff

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register