Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Clarification of user manual » on forum: General   Views: 4205

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/24/2013 19:27:39

Hello Bogdan,

In order to research an issue I installed AWM 8.0 beta 3 in a Windows 7 virtual machine. My main (physical) machine has Vista Ultimate. In my virtual machine I wanted to change the setting for Command prompt windows support, but I could not find it. As I was using a beta I thought it might have to do with a bug in that beta, so I looked hard to find that option. I also checked the online help files, because from my experience with Windows Vista this option should be there in AWM. It was not until a long, long time that I knew what was going on: in Windows 7 there is no setting for Command prompt windows support, because it already works by default. Someone used to having this function in older OS'es would have to be a very good reader, because on the help page for Command prompt windows support the first line reads "in Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista." That might just as well have been a page that had not yet been updated, so I did not think that it actually means that the page does not apply to Windows 7 and (probably) above. I have spend a lot of time and effort finding this out! Therefore I suggest you to add to the mentioned page the following sentence (or something similar): "Please note that Command prompt windows are already supported by default in Windows 7 and above." Just that one sentence could have saved me at least an hour! Adding it now may still save others a lot of time.

And when you are at it it may be a good idea to also include the same sentence on this page.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/11/2013 16:17:52

Hello Pim

The text on the specified page will be changed in according with your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register