Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Minimize to Screen icon buttons don't stay where placed » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5099

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 06/16/2012 23:57:39

This isn't actually a beta bug, as it's been around awhile, but I'm reporting it here because I'm currently running beta 3.

On XP Pro SP3, the screen buttons for apps I've got AWM set to minimize to the screen, the screen buttons don't remain where they're placed reliably. I've got all of them set to Permanent and On Top.

What I've found is that the screen location coordinates for the buttons are not saved until AWM is closed and has a normal, complete shutdown. If something goes wrong with AWM and I have to terminate it with Task Manager, if my system crashes, or if AWM doesn't shut down properly during a reboot, and I've moved any of the buttons since the last good shutdown, the new position of the moved button(s) is not saved, and they revert to where they were prior to my moving them.

It would be better if AWM would save the button locations periodically, or possibly if a button is moved and then left in its new position for a period of time, say a minute or two, the location should be saved at that time.

--
Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/18/2012 03:27:40

Hello Mike.

Thanks for the post.

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/12/2012 03:10:51

Hello Mike

I'd like to inform you that the improvement you requested has been added. It is available in the Actual Window Manager new version 7.1 (as well as in the new versions of other our programs that provide the relevant functionality).

Best regards

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 07/12/2012 11:58:59

Thanks Bogdan! You guys are doing a great job!

--
Mike

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register