Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Restore all windows , "Windows logo key+Shift+M" did not work » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3751

Andreas Killer

Posted: 08/03/2012 00:57:46

I have usually a lot of windows on my screen (up to 30), because of our ERP system ProAlpha.

Often when I work with the ERP, I have to interrupt my work and do e.g. some programming.

In principle, I would press the "Windows Logo key + M" to minimize all windows, open some other application, do something, close that window and then press "Windows Logo key + Shift + M" and get all my windows from my ERP system back to screen.

I've tried everything but I can't get it to work. Or did I miss something?

Andreas.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/03/2012 03:37:33

Hello Andreas.

Do you mean that this happens when our program is running?

Andreas Killer

Posted: 08/07/2012 01:43:17

No, the AWM runs fine.

Maybe it's easier to understand what I mean if you reproduce the same situation:

1.) Open some windows (Outlook, Excel, whatever)
2.) Press "Windows-Logo-Key + M" to minimize all windows. (Or click the icon on the right side of the task bar "Show Desktop")
3.) Open another window, e.g. the Windows-Explorer
4.) Close the Windows-Explorer

Now try to restore all the minimized windows, but "Windows-Logo-Key + Shift + M", doesn't work anymore.

I've found something similar in AWM, Section Hotkeys, Action "Maximize/restore", but that doesn't work either.

Andreas.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/14/2012 01:53:54

Hello Andreas.

I can easily get windows back to the screen with the "Windows-Logo-Key + Shift + M" hotkey even after i've opened and closed internet explorer or anything else.

The only thing after which i was unable to restore windows is when i press the "minimize all" more than once in succession.

Looks like this combination works better if i press "Win+Shift" and then press "M" holding "Win+Shift".

The "Maximize/restore" option is applied to the active window, not to all windows. And it's not so similar to "Minimize all" of Windows.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register