Greetings, John Smith!
I am glad to inform you that we have released the new version 6.2 of our main line of products, and the new version 2.3 of Actual Virtual Desktops and Actual Multiple Monitors products.
Here are the contents of this issue:
New Features Comparison Chart
Below is the comparison chart of features implemented in this version. Place the mouse pointer over feature's name to see its short description or click on feature's name to get more information on it in our Online User Manual.
This chart shows only the most noticeable features; to view the full list of changes made in each product, click the product's icon.
Fixes and Improvements
Maximize to Desktop Improved
Initial implementation of the Maximize to Desktop feature stretched windows out to the entire desktop, without taking into account the relative layout of displays, which might produce unwanted results, as shown below:
|Red rectangle shows the maximized window, shaded areas - parts of the window out of visible area
New implementation fixes those drawbacks and produces more consistent results:
|Green rectangle shows the correct size of a maximized window for a given layout of displays
Also, the new implementation considers the taskbars, so the maximized windows do not cover them or fall under them (note: this is true for locked taskbars only).
- title buttons are now compatible with MS Office 2010 applications;
- title buttons do not interfere with the tabs dragging in Google Chrome under Windows 7;
- high load on the system under Windows 7 x64 no more leads to the abuse of graphic resources;
- desktop profiles created on a different hardware configuration retain their stored video resolutions properly;
- Maximize to Desktop works correct for MS Office 2007 applications;
- windows do not disappear after maximizing to desktop when the primary monitor is not the leftmost.
How to Upgrade
Hope the new version will be of great use for you! We are always glad to receive any feedback from our customers, so if you have any questions, thoughts, ideas or suggestions regarding our products - please share them with us: send an e-mail, visit our forum or use the online feedback form.