Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Hotkey Actions broken after 8.14.5 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 183

Antonio Lizzi

Posted: 05/04/2024 01:33:10

These options

User added an image

User added an image

are very useful to push and pull a window from one monitor to another, while maintaining the same position and size on the go.

But after AMM version 8.14.5 (last working version regarding this issue), they stop working - in a weird way. They sometimes move the window and other times not, very inconsistent and intermittent, like I can keep pushing the hotkey I assigned which would always move the window on 8.14.5, but say 6 times out of 10 it won't register at all.on later versions.

Is this a known issue?

Thank you.
Antonio

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/09/2024 15:26:04

Hello, Antonio

Thank you for contacting us.

There are no confirmed problems with the "Move to next monitor" hotkey or mouse action. I've tried to reproduce the problem you describe using the same key combinations and as I can see both hotkey and mouse action work correctly.

Do I understand correctly that the problem persists for the mouse action too?

Does the same problem happen with the "Move to previous monitor" hotkey?

Does the problem happen with all applications? Please specify several applications you've noticed this problem with.

Could you send us your Actual Multiple Monitors configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Antonio Lizzi

Posted: 05/10/2024 00:50:27

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:

There are no confirmed problems with the "Move to next monitor" hotkey or mouse action. I've tried to reproduce the problem you describe using the same key combinations and as I can see both hotkey and mouse action work correctly.

One thing that is immediately noticeable in the versions past 8.14.5 is that for example in Chrome, when using the mouse action (in my case pressing mouse wheel / middle button) will not close the tab I'm hovering onto, but it does correctly so in 8.14.5. In further versions it will "attempt" to move to the next monitor no matter where I click, title bar, chrome tab, anywhere else. In 8.14.5, if I middle mouse anywhere like the entire space between the current open tabs, it will move it to the next monitor (same with keyboard hotkey), but if I middle mouse on an open tab, it will close it, as it should, as it's a chrome feature.

But after that version, it seems to be completely reworked and doesn't follow the same logic. But even putting Chrome aside, it will work intermittently on any other application window.

I recorded 2 videos showing its beh * avior:

Using middle mouse hotkey on 8.14.5

Using middle mouse hotkey on 8.15.1

You should be able to hear the mouse press noise from the video taken on my phone. It doesn't miss on the old version, but is very inconsistent on the later ones.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:

Do I understand correctly that the problem persists for the mouse action too?

Yes, when I update the app from 8.14.5 to any following version, any hotkey, be it mouse or keyboard combination, will stop working properly.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:

Does the same problem happen with the "Move to previous monitor" hotkey?

Just tested, yes it's exactly the same for previous monitor too, same as next monitor.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:

Does the problem happen with all applications? Please specify several applications you've noticed this problem with.

Any application that I use normally that usually works flawlessly without issue, such as: Chrome, Steam, Discord, anything Windows like the file browser / explorer, VLC.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:

Could you send us your Actual Multiple Monitors configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)?

Since I'm not sure whether you need the settings I use on both versions (which should be the same, but I don't know if when updating to latest version changes something in the old 8.14.5 settings) I will upload both of them in one zip archive on google drive: Configuration Files.zip

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

User added an image

Microsoft Windows 10, Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4355) - I keep it updated regularly.

Thank you for your support!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register